Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Sketching a Dream World


Another sample (my sample portfolio is growing). The story here is about a child reading a book and entering different worlds. This one still needs work, but then I decided to sketch it from another angle.


I really liked the way this sketch was going.. it seemed to involve the viewer more, and had a lot more breathing space around it. The magical world is the biggest thing in the picture as well..so I start to colour it in

The final sketch . colours and all :) The whole thing is done with pastels and colour pencils. I really love using chalk pastels, they are the nicest medium. Ive got a whole lot of little sketches waiting for me to work on them and finish them so I can share them with you, especially my deadly ego series which havent seen the light of day in absolutely ages. So im making solemn vows to do some of these before the year comes to an end! 

Creative Commons License

1 comment:

  1. i dunno if it wil make yu happy, but i noticed an update missing yesterday, but very glad yu posted today!! travel n d fatigue, huh? :) yes d second sketch looks very warm n nice, but i lik d boy's face frm d first one :)
    hey btw, i watched a movie tis sunday named SEVEN. was gonna ask yu bot d series of seven sins aftr tat. hehe :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...