Tuesday, March 12, 2013

The Wonders of Travel

I was amazed to see what Ludhiana could do in my recent trip there for a friends wedding. The fashionable Punjabi women make the most of what is available in seemingly plenty out there - huge pools of talent. Embroidery, dyeing, incredible tailors and a sea of beautiful fabric to choose from as well as gorgeous borders and laces and the list simply never ends ! 

I decided I wanted to get a skirt made - in two days and it happened! I bought a white ''dyeable'' crepe
material and walked across the street to see the guy do this to get me the exact colour that I was looking for.
nothing less. I wanted to share this incredible process with you !

 Wanted to take these back home with me. A mouth watering collection of coloured powders (dyes)

He then adds the colours with great flair into this pot of boiling water

A few minutes later - voila! My gorgeous now bright orange fabric emerges!

And all the water goes down a drain. I shudder to think of the chemical pollution there. 
 Incredible to watch, and I wish I had my own personal dyeing place here as well. I would go crazy and dye all my things

photo credit : Harleen Johar

That would be me, in Punjabi garb :)

Have a great week folks ! much love.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! what a process. Great pictures.

    Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog. That means a lot!

    p.s. you're never too far away to have a lamp of your own ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...